Hidden Figures

Today I will talk about the amazing movie titled “Hidden Figures”. Normally in those times they didn’t recognize all the women were part of important projects and this movie is one example of how they used to hide the work from the matchless Katherine Johnson. I can say that it has become one of my favorite movies.
    The film tells the story of three African-American women who worked for NASA in the early 1960s, collaborating in an important space program. These brilliant women achieved incredible goals that seemed impossible because they were women and African-Americans.
    What impresses me about these women is their intelligence, their strength, their perseverance and their struggle that allowed them to demonstrate that they were more than capable of being involved in areas that were considered suitable only for the masculine intellect, such as science, mathematics and engineering.
    I can identify a little with those great women of that movie, not because of how brilliant they were, but because, despite being in the 21st century, in my career computer systems engineering, we are still very few women. Throughout my career I’ve been in most of my classes the only woman and sometimes it is difficult because of stereotypes but despite all of that I feel really supported by all my companions.
    One thing to notice in the movie is the racism, the fact that Katherine had to run a long distance to be able to use a bathroom designated to his “race”. I felt very angry because it was rough times for black people now imagine for black women, despite this, nowadays we still have a lot to work talking about feminism, racism, and masculinities. However, I feel very grateful and respectful for all the rights that women have fought for so we don’t have to struggle with what they did.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Understanding the SOLID Principles

Microservices